Sunday, October 9, 2011

Battlefield 3 (beta) Follow-Up Review

   As I was first playing this demo I liked it because it was different and fun, however the more I played it the more I found I didn't really like the game as much.  The game has a slower pace but it feels like it wants to be faster than it is when it shouldn't be.  Unlike MAG where reviving teammates is almost a core aspect of the game, Battlefield 3 doesn't really emphasize this as much as it could or should.  The biggest disappointment with this game (and game series) is the small squad size, only four, this means I can only connect and talk to four friends or teammates.  Sure I can be in the game or team as all my friends but this limits the fun.  By comparison MAG has a squad size of eight and Call of Duty has a team size of at least six and in the lobby one can hear and talk to everyone else. 
    I have made a decision on what game to buy on release day and that is Modern Warfare 3.  The more I watch youtube videos of MW3 the more fun it looks.  I just hope it is as much fun to me as Black Ops has been, Black Ops has been and still is my favorite Call of Duty yet.  I have preordered the hardened edition (which include one year elite membership as well as some other add-ins) on Amazon which has no sales tax and $0.99 release-day delivery so I should have release day without leaving home.  Besides, I tried Best Buy and Gamestop and they were both sold out or hardened edition preorders, but this Amazon option turns out to be better after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Windows laptops suck

   Though I have never owned a MacBook I have played with them in the Apple store for much time and the experience you get from the buttery ...